There are days when it seems as though every body has an app…There are apps to find cheap gas, apps to find restaurants, and apps to find apps .
(And don’t you dare just click-through this post just because it has to do with ASHA! It’s worth reading…really!)
The ASHA Community Mobile App is designed to allow members to have most things related to the ASHA Community at their fingertips. For instance, the app lets us:
1) Read SIG discussions. Any SIG that you are a member of available at your fingertips. No more logging in on the computer!
2) Finding Colleagues (you can search for, add, etc. all the SLPeeps and AUDpeeps you could possibly want to find)
3) Reading ASHA’s twitter feed (don’t you roll your eyes at me! You’re missing a lot if you’re not on twitter…but I’m not going to beat that dead horse again!)
4) Reading the ASHASPhere blog (ooh. you get bonus points if you can find my blog post!)
5) Check your ASHA Community email
6) View Announcements and keep current with all things ASHA News related
For me, the best part of the app is that I can respond directly to the discussions in my SIG community without having to go to the ASHA SIG discussion page. I used to (and still do actually), get the daily digest emails from my SIG group. I’d read them (well, the ones I could in the email – not all of them came through) and I’d consider replying…
But then…things would happen. I couldn’t find the discussion…I’d get interrupted…I’d decide what I wanted to say wasn’t worth the effort…blah blah blah. I realize I have no one to blame but myself (but I also know that I can’t possibly be the only one who felt this way).
Now, I’m reading the discussion on the app and I hit reply and either send my reply directly to the person to whom I’m replying – or to the whole group. It simply cannot get any easier. I find myself considering joining another SIG or two just because it is SO much more convenient!
The second best part, is the ASHASPhere blog. While I have it bookmarked, and I actually get notices that it’s out, I often didn’t have time to read it…and then I’d forget. At least, until it came time to do something else like…oh, I don’t know – write a report…and then I’d find out I missed at least 4 or 5 posts and truly needed to read them right then! (why yes…procrastination is an evil thing.) Now…it’s there, it’s convenience, and I have no excuse! (well, I do but that’s another blog post)
In short…(okay not so short)…You will want this app. Read about it here...
What are you waiting for? Go get it…and then come back here and tell me how much you love it.
Until then…Adventure on!
OH! Don’t forget to check back here in a few days for the next Blogging about Research post!